The Adult Vaccine Access Coalition (AVAC) held the second virtual briefing in a series on “Immunizing in a COVID-19 Environment.” The briefing focused on best practices for immunizing, vaccinating safely during a pandemic, and what we should be doing now to prepare for the upcoming flu season. In addition to the recording of the briefing, below please find a number of related resources.
- Immunization Infrastructure. AVAC led a letter signed by a diverse group of stakeholders providing recommendations to Congress on how to prepare for the allocation, distribution, and administration of a new COVID-19 pandemic vaccine by investing in immunization infrastructure. Read the letter here.
- The Protecting Seniors Through Immunization Act eliminates out-of-pocket costs for vaccines covered under Medicare Part D and improves vaccine awareness and education for beneficiaries. You can learn more about this important piece of legislation here.
- AVAC’s First Virtual Briefing on Immunizing in a COVID-19 Environment. The Adult Vaccine Access Coalition (AVAC) held a virtual briefings entitled “Immunizing in a COVID-19 Environment: Using Technology to Promote Vaccinations and Reduce Disparities” in June. You can view the briefing, the PowerPoint presentation, and related resources here.
- Biographies. View the biographies for our panelists here.
- The Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) developed a repository of resources intended for use by healthcare settings, state and local health departments, professional societies, immunization coalitions, advocacy groups, and communities in their efforts to maintain immunization rates during the COVID-19 pandemic. The repository includes links to international, national, and state-level policies and guidance and advocacy materials, including talking points, webinars, press releases, media articles, and social media posts, as well as telehealth resources. The materials listed below can be sorted and searched by date, title, geographic area, source, type, category, or setting.
- Families Fighting Flu conducted a national survey on flu vaccination. The survey examines who gets the flu vaccine, where and when they receive the vaccine, and the implications of vaccine myths and skepticism. View the survey results here.